Is your practice running as smoothly as it should? I have seen practices that are running like tops, and others that make me wonder how they are doing it. There are some basic questions you should be asking at the end of each day, week, month? Today we will touch on the daily questions.
1) Did all of my notes get done today?
2) Did I post charges for all of the patients seen today?
3) Unexpected walk-ins were they added to the schedule?
4) Are we collecting the co-pays we should?
5) Are my patients happy with the therapy they received?
6) Are we using our system the best way we can?
7) Is my data getting backed up - If your running your suite in the cloud this is not your problem.
How to manage these questions?
1) If your notes are computerized compare the list of notes against todays schedule,
or run an audit if you have one that will automatically compare them
2) Same kind of audit as above.
3) Your audit with the schedule doesn't work if you don't enter everyone
that walks in in the schedule.
4) A larger part of your fee's are being transferred to the patient's co-pay.
The patient's are expecting you to collect it, but are waiting to be asked for it.
5) Sometimes the office staff can find this out better than the therapist.
Have them ask. Your front desk is a huge resource for the practice.
6) There is usually some part of the system that you might not know about that can
save you time, check the vendors web page for new info.
7) If you have your own server / network. Make sure you check the backup log to
see that it is backing up. Also once a month see if you can actually restore
at least a small amount of data from it.